Associate Professor John Fuller
Associate Professor John Fuller is an Australian trained Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon who is committed to utilising the most up to date modalities and neurosurgical techniques, with a particular interest in neuro-oncology and Gamma Knife surgery, along with complex spine surgery.
Assoc Prof John Fuller graduated from the University of New South Wales. He underwent his neurosurgical training at the Prince of Wales, Sydney Children’s, and Royal Prince Alfred Hospitals before being awarded fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in Neurosurgery.
He joined the Macquarie Neurosurgery & Spine team in 2008 and is the Clinical Discipline Head of Neurosurgery and the Neurosurgical Director for the Gamma Knife Surgery Program at Macquarie University Hospital.
Committed to the education of the next generation of neurosurgeons, Assoc Prof Fuller’s academic interests include a strong focus on education. To fulfill this, he has maintained his position on the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) Board of Neurosurgery and the Board of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia for many years, serving as President of the NSA from 2013 to 2014.
He has also been directly involved with neurosurgical training for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, as a consultant and Clinical Director of Neurosurgery at The Canberra Hospital and as Associate Professor at Macquarie University Hospital, he has been involved in the teaching of undergraduates at the University of Sydney and Australian National University, and has co-authored numerous publications for national and international journals.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Macquarie University Hospital
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Capital Private Hospital
- Clinical Discipline Head of Neurosurgery, Macquarie University Hospital
- Neurosurgical Director Gamma Knife Surgery, Macquarie University Hospital
- Board Member of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Board of Neurosurgery
- Board Member of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Macquarie University
- Chair Neurosurgery Morbidity and Mortality Committee
- Complex spinal surgery
- Cerebral / Spinal oncology
- Cerebral surgery
- Gamma Knife Surgery
- Macquarie University